API Acceptable Use Policy
Our API Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: May 31, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy, as updated from time to time, sets out certain expectations in respect of Apps which use APIs powered by Tapico. They are referred to in the contract between you and the platform or marketplace operator (“Operator”) which provides the APIs to you. Terms defined in that contract (the “Agreement”) have the same meaning in this policy.
You may only use the APIs for lawful purposes. You may not use (or permit use of) the APIs, and your App may not use or transmit any data or content or operate:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect, or which facilitates unlawful activity;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person or property in any way;
- which is (or in a way which is) misleading, offensive, discriminatory, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, or harassing;
- which impersonates any person or infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, keystroke loggers, ransomware, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code or data designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- from or using a domain name which was (or was intended or expected to be) used by a third party, or which is registered by a third party, or which is different from the domain name agreed during On-boarding;
- for any reason, or in any way, other than for the purpose of providing a lawful, commercial and justifiable service requested by Clients or End Users, and as described and agreed during On-boarding.