Senior Full Stack Engineer
London or Remote within the UK, Engineering
At Tapico we are building the Open Finance engine of tomorrow. We are on a mission to give businesses the tools they need to help their customers successfully manage and grow their wealth. We are building a financial integration platform that allows individuals to securely and confidently share their financial data with those that will help them achieve their goals.
Based in London, Tapico is a team of talented, hard working individuals working together to solve the most interesting problems in financial services today. Our team is expanding and we’re looking for mindful, empathetic, self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move financial services forward.
If you’re a hardworking self-starter interested in helping us grow our early stage product into a scalable business, get in touch.
What will you do?
As a Senior Full Stack engineer you’ll be responsible for creating a system delivering deep service connectivity to established financial institutions. You’ll architect and build product features from the database all the way to the UI. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in engineering and product to bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You’ll sweat the details and make things shine.
Who are you?
- You have 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience building APIs and a deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, REST, and HTTP.
- You have a high level of proficiency with Node.js, Typescript & React, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend.
- You have expertise in writing unit tests and end to end platform integration tests.
- You have experience with automated build, test and deployment pipelines.
- You have experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- You have knowledge of cloud and serverless architectures as well as infrastructure as code.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior work, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
Why do you want to work for us?
- You’ll help build an amazing product in a company ripe for growth and lean enough to make a genuine impact.
- You’ll work with talented, experienced and highly driven team mates.
- We will provide you with opportunities to develop your career.
- You will be offered a competitive salary.
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll reward you for your efforts:
- Tapico Share Options Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Centrally located office in the City of London (we WFH during Covid)
- Regular social events
- Flexible work and hours (we know engineers love working odd hours)
- 28 days paid holiday + public holidays
- Access to the latest tech (our engineers are all on MacBook Pros)
Tapico is an equal opportunity employer. We have an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of people with diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we change the world of financial services.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.