Tapico Apps Terms of Service
Last Updated: Jun 17, 2022
Welcome and thank you for choosing one of our Apps! Before you start using our Apps, we need you to look through and accept these terms. We’ve done our best to explain it all without using too much jargon, so it’s clear what we expect from you and what you can expect from us.
These are your legal rights and obligations, so please read everything. If you can’t agree to our terms, then you can’t use our services.
Joining and using Tapico Apps
In this section we explain how to subscribe to Tapico Apps and use our services. When you see a word in bold, it will have the same corresponding meaning every time it’s used within these terms.
1. You and Tapico: When we say you or your, we mean both you and any entity or firm you’re authorised to represent. When we say Tapico, we, our or us, we’re talking about the Tapico entity you contract with and pay fees to based on the Tapico App you’re using.
2. Our services:Our services consist of all the services we provide now or in the future, including our Apps.
3. Creating a subscription: When you use a Tapico App you create a subscription to use our services and accept these terms, you become a subscriber. If you’re the subscriber, you’re the one responsible for paying for your subscription.
4. The right to use our services: We grant you the right to use our services (based on your use of a Tapico App) for as long as you continue to access the App, until your access is revoked.
6. Your responsibilities: You promise that you’ll keep your information (including a current email address) up to date. You’re responsible for providing true, accurate and complete information and for verifying the accuracy of any information that you use from our services for your legal and compliance obligations. You’re also responsible for protecting your username and password from getting stolen or misused. Our service has minimum password standards but you will ensure that passwords are very strong and not easily guessable. The stronger the password the better! For more on security generally, check out the security section below.
7. When we introduce new or revised services: Since we’re always thinking about how to make Tapico better – we regularly expand our services. For new or updated services, there might be additional terms. We’ll let you know what those terms are before you start using those services.
8. What we own: We own everything we’ve put into our services unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others. This includes rights in the design, compilation, and look and feel of our services. It also includes rights in all copyrighted works, trademarks, designs, inventions, and other intellectual property. You agree not to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content or use any of our intellectual property rights in any way not expressly permitted by us.
Unless the App is free, you’ll need to pay for a subscription to a Taipco App based on its associated pricing plan. The pricing details and other terms of your subscription are explained when you connect the Tapico App.
9. Tapico App pricing plans: Your use of our services generally requires you to pay a monthly subscription fee based on your subscription type (the subscription fee). The pricing plan consists of the subscription and subscription fees we offered you, including invoicing, payment, auto-renewal and cancellation terms. The pricing plan may vary by region and includes information set out in the offer details and the Tapico App’s pricing page. We may update or amend the pricing plan from time to time. The terms of the pricing plan form part of these terms. As with any other changes to our terms, changes to the pricing plan won’t apply retrospectively and, if we make changes and you’re a subscriber, we’ll make every effort to let you know. Depending on your region, subscription fees may be inclusive or exclusive transactional taxes where relevant (like VAT and GST), as reflected in the pricing plan.
10. Taxes for your use of our services: You’re responsible for paying all other external fees and taxes associated with your use of our services wherever levied. Your responsibility includes withholding tax if it applies, unless we already process that withholding tax. We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, which may be used for tax purposes. This means location information you give us must be accurate for tax residency purposes.
11. Additional services: Depending on where you’re based and how you use our services, you may be able to take advantage of additional services that Tapico offers. These might incur an additional fee that we’ll let you know about when you sign up for those services.
12. Importance of timely payments: In order to continue accessing our services, you need to make timely payments based on the pricing plan you selected. To avoid delayed or missed payments, please make sure we have accurate payment information. If we don’t receive timely payments, we may suspend access to your subscription until the payment is made.
Data use and privacy
Tapico uses your data to provide our services to you. Our Privacy Policies are an important part of these terms and describes in more detail how we deal with personal data, like your name and email address.
13. Use of data: When you enter or upload your data into our services, we don’t own that data but you grant us a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, analyse, and back up all data you submit to us through our services, including personal data of yourself and others, to: enable you to use our services; allow us to improve, develop and protect our services; create new services; communicate with you about your subscription; and send you information we think may be of interest to you based on your marketing preferences.
14. Anonymised statistical data: When you use our services, we may create anonymised statistical data from your data and usage of our services, including through aggregation. Once anonymised, we may use it for our own purposes, such as to provide and improve our services, to develop new services or product offerings, to identify business trends, and for other uses we communicate to you.
15. Data breach notifications: Where we think there has been unauthorised access to personal data inside your subscription, we’ll let you know and give you information about what has happened. Depending on the nature of the unauthorised access, and the location of your affected contacts, you may be required to assess whether the unauthorised access must be reported to the contact and/or a relevant authority. We think you’re best placed to make this decision, because you’ll have the most knowledge about the personal data stored in your Tapico Apps.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and expect that you’ll do the same for ours.
16. Keeping it confidential: While using our services, you may share confidential information with us, and you may become aware of confidential information about us. You and we both agree to take reasonable steps to protect the other party’s confidential information from being accessed by unauthorised individuals. You or we may share each other’s confidential information with legal or regulatory authorities if required to do so.
We take security seriously and you should too! To help protect our services and your data, we offer added security features such as multi-factor authentication.
17. Security safeguards: We’ve invested in technical, physical and administrative safeguards to do our part to help keep your data safe and secure. While we’ve taken steps to help protect your data, no method of electronic storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security. We may notify you if we have reason to believe that someone has accessed (or may be able to access) your account without authorisation and we may also restrict access to certain parts of our services until you verify that access was by an authorised user.
18. Account security features: We may introduce security features to make your account more secure, such as multi-factor authentication. Depending on where you are in the world or what services you’re using, we may require you to adopt some of these features. Where we make the use of security features optional, you’re responsible (meaning we’re not liable) for any consequences of not using those features. We strongly encourage you to use all optional security features.
19. Playing your part to secure your data: You have an important part to play by keeping your login details secure, not letting any other person use them, and by making sure you have strong security on your own systems. If you realise there’s been any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security to your account or email address linked to your account, you need to let us know immediately. You also agree not to use free-form fields in any Tapico App or services to store personal data (unless it’s a field explicitly asking for personal data – like a first name or a last name), credit card details, tax identifiers or bank account details.
Maintenance, downtime and data loss
We really try to minimise any downtime, but sometimes it’s necessary so we can keep our services updated and secure. You also may have occasional access issues and may experience data loss, so backing up your data is important.
20. Availability: We strive to maintain the availability of our services, and provide online support during your standard business hours. On occasion, we need to perform maintenance on our services, and this may require a period of downtime. We try to minimise any such downtime. Where planned maintenance is being undertaken, we’ll attempt to notify you in advance but can’t guarantee it.
21. Access issues: You know how the internet works – occasionally you might not be able to access our services and your data. This might happen for any number of reasons, at any time.
22. Data loss: Data loss is an unavoidable risk when using any technology. You’re responsible for maintaining copies of your data entered into our services.
23. No compensation: Whatever the cause of any downtime, access issues or data loss, your only recourse is to discontinue using our services.
24. Problems and support:If you have a problem, we have a support function embedded into our Tapico Apps
25. Modifications: We frequently release new updates, modifications and enhancements to our services, and in some cases discontinue features. Where this occurs, we’ll endeavour to notify you where practical (for example, by email, on our blog, or within our services when you log in).
Do’s and don’ts
This section is super important because it outlines how you can (and can’t) use our services. Much of it will be common sense.
26. Feedback: We love your feedback and may use it without restriction.
27. Lawful Use: You agree to use our services only for lawful business purposes and in line with the instructions and guidance we provide.
28. Limitations: Some of our services may be subject to limits such as a cap on the number of monthly information transfers.
29. No-charge or beta services: Occasionally we may offer a service at no charge – for example a beta service, or a time-limited trial account. Because of the nature of these services, you use them at your own risk.
30. While we can’t cover everything here, we do want to highlight a few more examples of things you mustn’t ever do:
- Undermine the security or integrity of our computing systems or networks.
- Use our services in any way that might impair functionality or interfere with other people’s use.
- Access any system without permission.
- Introduce or upload anything to our services that includes viruses or other malicious code.
- Share anything that may be offensive, violates any law, or infringes on the rights of others.
- Modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or extract the source code of any part of our services.
- Resell, lease or provide our services in any way not expressly permitted through our services.
- Repackage, resell, or sublicense any leads or data accessed through our services.
- Commit fraud or other illegal acts through our services.
- Act in a manner that is abusive or disrespectful to a Tapico employee, partner, or other Tapico customer. We will not tolerate any abuse or bullying of our Tapico employees in any situation and that includes interaction with our support teams.
You can easily terminate your use of Tapico Apps by revoking your consent. We may terminate your use of Tapico Apps as well with the same mechanism. If you violate these terms, we may terminate your subscription immediately.
31. Subscription period: Your subscription continues for the period you have an active consent attached to a Tapico App. At the end of each month, these terms automatically continue for a further month, provided you continue to pay any applicable subscription fees to use a Tapico App in accordance with its pricing plan. You may choose to terminate your subscription at any time by revoking your consent to the Tapico App. You’ll still need to pay all relevant subscription fees up to and including the day of termination. If a subscription is paid in advance, once your consent is revoked you will not be charged for the next month. You will not be entitled to any refund for the month in which you revoke the consent, regardless of of the day of the month you revoked your consent.
32. Termination by Tapico: Tapico may choose to terminate your subscription at any time by providing you with one month’s written notice in advance. Tapico may also terminate or suspend your subscription or access to all or any data immediately if:
- you breach any of these terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach,
- you breach any of these terms and the breach cannot be remedied,
- you fail to pay subscription fees, or
- you or your business become insolvent, your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed over any of its assets, you become insolvent or make any arrangement with your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction.
33. No refunds: No refund is due to you if you terminate your subscription or Tapico terminates it in accordance with these terms.
34. Retention of your data: Once a subscription is terminated by you or us, it is archived and the data submitted or created by you is no longer available to you. We retain it for a period of time consistent with our data retention policy, during which, as a subscriber, you can reactivate your subscription and once again access your data by paying the subscription fees. We retain data in case you need it as part of your record retention obligations, but you can get in touch with us to have your data removed completely if you wish.
Liability and indemnity
This section is important as it outlines liability terms between us and both subscribers and invited users, so we urge you to read it closely and in full.
35. You indemnify us: You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, a third-party claim against us relating to your use of our services or any third-party product (except as far as we’re at fault).
36. Disclaimer of warranties: Our services and all third-party products are made available to you on an ‘as is’ basis. *Subject to the exclusion in section 41*, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
37. Limitation of liability: Other than liability that we can’t exclude or limit by law, our liability to you in connection with our services or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
- We have no liability arising from your use of our services for any loss of revenue or profit, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of capital, loss of anticipated savings, legal, tax or accounting compliance issues, damage to reputation, loss in connection with any other contract, or indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary or special loss, damage or expense.
- For loss or corruption of your data, our liability will be limited to taking reasonable steps to try and recover that data from our available backups.
- Our total aggregate liability to you in any circumstances is limited to the total amount you paid us for your subscription in the 12 months immediately preceding the date on which the claim giving rise to the liability arose.
This section outlines how disputes may be resolved.
38. Dispute resolution:Most of your concerns can be resolved quickly and to everyone’s satisfaction by contacting our support team. If we’re unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if we haven’t been able to resolve a dispute we have with you after attempting to do so informally), you and we agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction. You and we agree that any dispute must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
Here we set out some additional terms. Take a read as they cover important issues.
39. No professional advice: Just to be clear, Tapico isn’t a professional services firm of any sort, and isn’t in the business of giving any kind of professional advice. Our Apps and services are not a substitute for professional advice and we aren’t liable for your use of the information in that way.
40. Events outside our control: We aren’t liable to you for any failure or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these terms arising out of any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
41. Exclusion: In some places, there may be non-excludable warranties, guarantees or other rights provided by law (non-excludable guarantees). They still apply – these terms do not exclude, restrict or modify them. Except for non-excludable guarantees and other rights you have that we cannot exclude, we’re bound only by the express promises made in these terms. Our liability for breach of a non-excludable guarantee is limited, at our option, to either replacing or paying the cost of replacing the relevant service (unless the non-excludable guarantee says otherwise).
42. Export limitations: You must not use our services in violation of any export or trade embargo laws that apply to you.
43. Excluded terms: The terms of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) do not apply to these terms.
44. Blocking your access, disabling your subscription, or refusing to process a payment: As we operate globally, different laws may apply in different countries that restrict our relationship with you. We may block your access, terminate your subscription, or refuse to process a payment if we reasonably believe there’s a risk – like a potential breach of a law or regulation – associated with you, your company, your subscription, or a payment. Examples of where we might do this include transactions where the payment is from a sanctioned person or country; or where we reasonably believe there is a legal or regulatory risk or a risk of loss being suffered by us or our customers or partners. You promise that you’re not located in a sanctioned country and are not on a sanctioned persons list. We may also block users from a country if we can’t receive payments from that country. You should check what payment methods are available in your country for making payments. We may take any of these actions without notice.
45. Relationship between the parties; assignment: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other subscriber.
47. Enforcement of terms: If there’s any part of these terms that either one of us is unable to enforce, we’ll ignore that part but everything else will remain enforceable.
48. Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.